Thursday, August 07, 2014

Summer Update II

Josie is napping again and so I can sit down for a few minutes and hopefully get the rest of the pictures posted.  She has been NOT sleeping lately and it's really starting to wear on me.  We both got some much needed rest last night IN THE GUEST BEDROOM.  In fact, there were a couple of days last week when none of us was sleeping in our own bed: Remi on couch and Josie and I in the guest bedroom.  I'll take what I can get though!  I think she's banging her head off of the crib while rolling around trying to get comfortable. Today I buy bumper pads!  I've HAD IT.

Anyway, on to the lovey-dovey portion of this blog post!

I scrubbed our deck down in July and Josie LOVED IT.  She enjoyed splashing around in the water and playing with the hose.  She's wasn't much help but at least I was able to finish the job.  Holy doodle she's cute!
BEST TIME OF THE YEAR. The garden is doing well this year, considering we went to France during the first part of planting season (...blog to come on France).  Josie has enjoyed eating strawberries and blueberries (and massacring tomatoes) right out of the garden.  She also enjoys chewing on beans and pea pods. And of course, dumping out the harvest!
 
 
We're also growing carrots and beets which she will enjoy baked or steamed.  Oh, and Remi and I enjoy all these things too!!

Zerberts and eating the baby's belly are favourite games.
Read read read!  Josie loves books.  The library here has bags of books called "grab and go". They're sealed so the books inside are a surprise.  And it's easy!
 More gardening photos.  This kid loves dirt.  These were taken at a friend of ours who was generous enough to offer up her cucumbers for pickling.  Jo had a blast :)
 And so did I!  I just love gardening.  I can't wait to expand our plots a bit.
 
Josephine has started "sharing".  Well... she hands something out to you, but is baffled when you take it from her.  She's doing it with food too!  So now Remi and I eat what's in her hand and she's like "HEY! Where did that go?!"
 
 Maureen also grows raspberries (and a plethora of other fruits and veggies).
Our blueberry crop this year has been fantastic!  The bushes must finally feel at home here.  Apparently it can take three or so years before they start to produce well and we're at 3!  I can't believe we've lived in this house for three years! Time flies...

 Dirty baby fingers :)
 
Please don't study my ridiculous face.  This picture was taken running around the backyard.  After dinner we've started going into the yard to help Josie get her wiggles out before bed.  One of her favourite things to do is ride on our shoulders as we run around.  I guess we're getting our own wiggles out!
 
 Papa love.
 
 Toss the baby!!
 
I love this last one because she was clearly over the whole thing and Remi and I were still trying to get the perfect picture.
I think she's up!  That's all the pictures I'd wanted to share from the past few months.  There are many more on the camera waiting to be downloaded.

Hopefully sleep finds our household again.  Then life will be absolutely perfect!

I'm being loudly summoned...

S

No comments: