Thursday, December 12, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa West's visit!

My parents were able to visit right away after Josie came home - only two days later!  Remi and I had thought that we wanted a week home en famille before welcoming any house guests, but Mom and Dad were a Godsend!   Mom was instrumental in keeping up with dishes, making sure I got fed and changing baby bum, and Dad was able to sneak in a few home renos (notably a new kitchen tap!!).  AND they got lots of new baby cuddles :)
 
 
 We also fit in a walk or two :)  And had great weather!
 Daddy's little specimen...
 
Luckily Grandma was around to help us with our first bath at home (thanks again for the tub, Carol!).  Josie...  hated it.  You can see the contempt in her eyes below.  Bath time has gotten a lot less painful and is now Papa-Josette bonding time :)
 
 More cuddlies.
 
Lots of Papa cuddles!
Rosie also took every chance to be with Josie!
 Proud Grandpa :)
 And Grandma!
 Rémi even fit in time for some glamour shots!
 
 And some wine tasting ;)
 We were able to fit in Thanksgiving dinner as well.  Yum yum!
Another walk.  LOOK!  My dad is walking!!  Happily strolling with his granddaughter :)
 
 We had an afternoon out by the campfire too.  Thanks to Aunt Kristin for the hat and blanket!
 One more glamour shot!  The leaf was my dad's idea.
Mom wanted some family photos on the sofa.  I'm not sure what's happening here...  Baby trophy?  Toss the baby?  Or maybe she just pooped?
 Looking forward to more visits - thanks for coming out, Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved every picture and comment, even though I am a bit under the weather it has made me smile, ear to ear

Love Mom
xoxoxo