Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Recent outings

The weather has been stellar.  And we have been cashing in!!  The garden is looking amazing (blog to come after I take a few more photos) and while Remi is working A LOT, we're still fitting in a few pregnancy-friendly walks.  I must say, I miss camping though :(  Sleeping on the ground would not be very friendly to my hips, back, sciatic nerve (*darn you, nerve, darn you*) (etc) but I miss being outside for days on end. 

So instead, we've been doing things like this:

Canoeing on Allouette Lake.  I like canoeing - it's a sit-down affair, you can cover a lot of distance, and your husband does most of the work!  In fact, for my birthday this weekend, we may head out to Pitt Lake for a paddle and a picnic.
 
These will be the only 2 pregnancy bikini shots I will subject people to - I promise!  I purchased a maternity bathing suit last week.
 
 Walking around Rolley Lake.  We've been doing this one a lot (Maggie and I went alone yesterday, actually).  It's a lovely 4 km route with little beaches that allow Maggie to get in for a dip and Remi and I to stretch our legs.  Last time we were there, we found a balloon!!

It didn't last long.
 Another prego shot!
Finding new easy-terrain walks.  This next walk is from Kanaka Creek in Maple Ridge.  It's not far from the house, really, and it was lovely!  It also allowed us to pick up some fresh salmon on the way home - omega-3 power for baby brain! The actually baby's brain, not mine.  Although these mum-dumbs (as my sister-in-law "lovingly" calls them) are something else!!

Remi was able to play with his camera a bit on this walk.  It was so pretty in there!
 
 
 And of course, my belly makes and appearance ;)
Happy summer everyone!
S

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go guys!! As you know I'm kinda partial to paddling... Wish I places around here to paddle that are as beautiful as the mountains!

Cheers,
Aaron