Sunday, March 09, 2008

Snowshoeing, Buntzen Lake Style

Remi and I joined our friends Duane and Theresa (really the only people we've met out here who are more active than we are and enjoy the outdoors just as much) for a hike/snowshoe at Buntzen Lake, which is near Port Coquitlam, one of the suburb-towns surrounding Vancouver. It was only about an hour drive from home and we saw only one person on the entire hike!! That is a rare feat in the parks near Vancouver so we were quite happy. Duane and Theresa are also like us in that they see where the hoards are going and they go the other way ;)

Anyway, it was a little tiring, as it was up up up for about 4-5 km and then down down down (hard on my little West knees), but it was so nice to be outside for the day and in the trees.
In other news, on the way back we went to Costco so I could pick out some new glasses. It's been three years since I had my eyes checked and I needed it! My prescription hasn't changed that much, but it's significant. Anyway, I went with a little bit of a different style this time, so I'm very excited.

Here are a few pictures from our hike today. It was cloudy and the lighting sucked, but we tried :)

Sarah

2 comments:

deanna said...

beautiful pics, did Maggie go with you? Looks like quite the hike.
The lighting is a bit dark but looks great anyway.
And yes I know the crocuses are up;)
We had a cold but sunny day here.

Sarah said...

Maggie was there too - I guess for once she didn't get into any pictures!