Monday, November 13, 2006

Mt. Seymour (butts)

I had originally planned to head towards Whislter this weekend so that we could see the mountains and potentially some snow. Unfortunately, I forgot that this is BC, and it pretty much never gets nice here for the period of 5 or 6 years between November and April. So figuring we could go for a hike anyways, we put on our stoutest rain gear (it was pouring) and took off for Mt. Seymour (elevation ~ 1000m) just outside of Vancouver. Then, partly up the hill, the rain turned to snow. We were in the clouds, so visibility was about 100m at the best of times, but we decided to push on anyways. By the time we got to the parking lot at the top, the whole area was completely covered in snow. We figure two feet at least. Not bad for Vancouver. We were afraid of getting lost, so we didn't get to go for much of a walk, but we hiked up part of a ski hill and let Maggie run around in the snow.





After having been up there for about 5 minutes, I decided that snowshoes would make a terrific Christmas present (hint hint). There are probably also some places up there where I can go play with my cross-country skis. I can't wait for a nice day (if/when).

RĂ©mi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow those are great pictures, must have been nice to see some snow, I love winter.

Love mom